What a horrible thing it is to think that a person is ever more than just a person. The world is full of people who are constantly imagining and constantly being misimagined.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hate

I rode in the car in silence all the way home, waiting for her to say anything to me, waiting for her to tell me it was all okay and we would be okay and everyone was going to get better now and it would feel better. But she didn't. She tried and then she faltered, her voice started breaking and she threw her phone over on my lap and just said "Read it." I took a look and there it was, plain as day, she was looking at him, probably thinking about how much he means to her and then below it "Too bad she's fake." and then I realized it. He was already crazy about her not being real, being too good to be true. And this certainly didn't help. She turned to me with her huge eyes full of tears, "What am I going to do?" I looked at her in all her misery, she didn't need another heartbreak. And I just shrugged. I have no thoughts, no feelings. . just numbness. She was shaking so badly that I had to drive us home. That wasn't exactly safe, seeing as how i could have ran us into anything just to end it. But I didn't. I took the consideration to let her feel, and as funny as it is, I am jealous of her ability to feel this. And then when we got home she balled. But in thirty minutes she was dressed, composed and looked every inch of perfection. I admire that because I couldn't do it. 
To whoever that girl was who hurt her: Hate only ruins peoples lives. Just shut up and let them be happy. Please? She's already been through enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment